Integrating the state's health care databases provides for
access to information that is stored in specific databases
track and monitor health status for children and their families.
With CHARM, health-care providers and programs can be alerted
about a child’s medical needs and assist in the provision
of appropriate follow-up and treatment in a timelier manner than
ever before. Only authorized and authenticated health-care
professionals have access to a child’s health information.
Benefits of CHARM include:
- Reducing the fragmentation of data and health care services
- Advancing health care providers knowledge about children with health, developmental, and genetic conditions
- Improving services to children and families by providing complete information
to the medical home
- Reducing or avoiding redundant data entry
- Increasing accountability
- Saving time – health providers no longer need to track down a child’s health information from multiple sources
- Ensuring the timely sharing of critical data with the medical home
- Enabling coordinated service delivery
- Enabling stakeholders to make better public health policy decisions
- Ensuring the security and confidentiality of medical information
- Enhancing the overall effectivness of child health care services in Utah
There are additional benefits to families and children. These include:
- Linking together data and health care services so that important health information about a child is accessible for use.
- Helping parents and public health workers know what services their child has had or still needs.
- Improving follow-up health care for a child
- Making sure that a child's health information is complete and up-to-date
- Ensuring continued security of health information.